Thursday 2 January 2014

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette

It's been a while since I've managed to get time to blog due to so many personal & Uni commitments and of course nights out, seriously second year is a complete whirlwind! However, little treats like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish palette (from cultbeauty but now appears to be sold out!) have been the perfect way to cheer me up on occasion. This is my first 'real' high end palette as I've been umming and ahhing over the Urban Decay Naked offerings but I wasn't sure whether I could justify that amount of money for a vast array of nudes (most of which I knew I wouldn't use). Thats where this palette comes in. Its the perfect combination of natural shades for day & bolder shades for night, with a few shades I'd never normally dare explore. In the look below I've used a pinky/reddy shade called 'Pink Sapphire' which was completely out of my comfort zone but I feel works so well with the black 'Black Diamond' for a different smokey eye. I love this black shade and so do many of my friends who have borrowed the palette solely for that colour alone, and the pink, well, who knew pink could work well on a grown up eye!? I've then lined my waterline and lash line with the waterproof eyeliner included with the kit.




Next time I'm considering the Naked 3 palette as I've embraced the pink spirit and loving a smoky eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment