Tuesday 23 June 2015

Beginner/Budget Skincare

Skincare is a bit of a rabbit hole, especially for those with no real idea of where to start or what to budget for. As a soon to be ex-student (sob) I know how difficult it is to budget for gnarl life, without making sure you can afford your must have beauty products, so this is a bit of a 'what to buy basics/what to buy on a budget' skincare post.



Cleanser
This is the most important thing to start with, a good cleanser. Get rid of all that make up and grime with a proper wash of your face, NO make up wipes are not a good substitute, although they are quicker they just aren't as effective. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a good one to start with, in fact its what my mum bought me to get into looking after my skin. A nice cream cleanser that I still reach for and is now available in Boots!


Acid Tone
I'm a bit late to the acid tone party but my gosh is it my favourite part now. The difference in the feel and look of my skin since acid toning is definitely noticeable and feels absolutely amazing. Pix Glow Tonic is a goodie, and cheaper than a lot on the market, especially with the amount you get for the price. Harder to get than some, it can be found on CultBeauty and, every once in a while, ASOS!


Moisturise
I can't believe how many of my old housemates at uni didn't moisturise their faces, legs and arms? Yep. But face? Nope. It's a no brainer, moisturiser keeps your skin hydrated and soft. I love this no frills one from La Roche Posay, Toleriane Riche which is a light moisturiser suitable for sensitive skin and perfect for under make up. Again, this one can be found amongst the aisles of Boots.


No comments:

Post a Comment